Now you can buy and sell starting numbers for the Copenhagen Marathon – safely and securely. See here for instructions on how to do it.
Have you purchased a starting number for the Copenhagen Marathon that you are unable to use?
Or are you on the lookout for a starting number for the race?
Then you’ve come to the right place.
On the Copenhagen Marathon Resale platform, buyers and sellers can meet and trade in a safe and secure manner.
Please note that it is not the Copenhagen Marathon that sells numbers. We simply facilitate the contact and ensure that everything happens under proper conditions.
Here’s what you do as a buyer:
1. Visit the Resale platform by clicking here. If there are starting numbers for sale, you can find them on the homepage. To purchase a starting number, click the ‘Buy’ button next to the desired starting number. The number will be reserved, allowing you to enter your email and receive further payment instructions.
2. Once you’ve paid for the number, you will receive an email with your starting number for the Copenhagen Marathon.
The Resale platform is updated every time someone puts a starting number up for sale, so if you’re not successful the first time, just keep an eye out.
Here’s what you do as a seller:
- First, log in to your profile, which you can do here.
- Then, click on the button that says ‘Transfer Starting Number.’ Please note that this button is only visible if you are eligible to sell your starting number.
- Be aware that you cannot sell your starting number for more than you paid for it, and there’s a 100 kr. administrative fee, paid by the seller. The fee is deducted from the sale price before transferring the money to the seller.
Once you’ve clicked the transfer button, you have three ways to sell:
1. Sell to someone you know
You can sell directly to someone you already have an email address for. After entering their email, the buyer will receive an email with instructions on how to proceed.
2. Sell on the platform
You can list your starting number for sale on the front page of the Resale platform. This means that anyone interested can buy it. The first person to click the buy button can enter their information and pay. You, as the seller, will then receive an email when the purchase is complete.
3. Give your number away
You can also ‘gift’ your starting number to someone you know. Note that there is still a 100 kr. administrative fee, which you, as the seller, pay.
If you’re unsure how to log in to your participant profile, you can find your username and password in the confirmation email you received when you registered for the Copenhagen Marathon.